Saturday, March 13, 2010
We're leaving tomorrow!
So we're leaving tomorrow and I'm excited! I've gone through the fear part but now I'm definitely excited to get to hear what people have to say about immigration. I'm excited to at last people's voices, instead of interpretation and representation of their voices. Some things that I think are important to keep in mind when taking trips like this is remembering our place of privilege. We need to be as open and understanding and non-judgmental as we embark on our journey. Let's not try to put ourselves in people's shoes because it is simply impossible. Let's remember how to be good listeners. I can't wait! I think that this is a great group and we are ready and eager to learn and listen as much as possible! I can't wait to learn from the people we are visiting and our group members. I'm glad we'll spend so much time on the van so we can discuss what we thought of the day or the activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alright!!! I have a big white scooby doo van for the ride to Indy so it's a nice warm-up for Tucson and Nogales.
ReplyDeleteSleep well. Spring forward an hour. ciao